At TwoScore, we have a thing called Motivation Mondays where we share and discuss an inspirational topic. This past week, Amanda shared an article from Success Magazine titled, “What Advice Would You Give to Your Younger Self?”
We started talking about it and it was really motivational for our team, so we wanted to share some of that with all of you!
Amanda’s Top 3 Pieces of Advice:
- Life is short, so eat the cake! It isn’t always about the size of your jeans and everything. If you would enjoy a piece of cake, if that would make your heart happy, please do that!
- Take care of yourself. No one else will take care of you the way that you would yourself. We’re not saying that people won’t take care of you, but no one else is going to advocate for you and take as good of care of you as you would yourself.
- Friends are the greatest treasures in life. I’ve have had some really rough times over my life, but the friends who are willing to come to your side at 11 PM when you’re a mess are worth more than gold – and they make life wonderful!
Liz’s Top 3 Pieces of Advice:
- Whatever you may be worried about is not as big a deal as you think it is! This too shall pass. It’s not that big a deal.
- People are too worried about themselves to really worry about you. We tend to think that people are watching our every move at work or in our personal lives, that we’re under the microscope… but nobody cares! Again, we’re not saying nobody cares about you at all, but you’re not the center of everyone else’s universe.
- You are the expert on your own story. So, whenever you’re having impostor syndrome, remember that you’re an expert in your own experience, you’re an expert in everything that has led up to you making this decision. You have everything in your life to pull from and no one can take that away from you, and it’s unique to you!
Welcome to InspHERation Nation!
The Weekly Commitment
Every week, we will ask you the same question: What is the one thing that you will commit to doing or improving this week?
Writing down your answer to the question will start a self-accountability process, and following up with this practice after every episode will help you take consistent small actions that ultimately lead to BIG transformations.
If you want to share what you are committing yourself to, we would love to hear! You can get in touch with us at…
- Twitter (@inspHERationpod)
- Instagram (@inspherationpodcast)
An exercise for you:
We always want to leave you with something you can take away from the episode, and today we have an exercise that we invite you to do with us over the next week:
Write a letter to your younger self – or, even better, find a younger person to share your wisdom with!
Our basic human need is being connected to others, and we think sharing advice can be a really powerful moment, for both you.