Today, we are talking about perfectionism. Now, just to be clear, we are perfectionists… but we’re working on it, and awareness is the first step!
Sometimes we end up wearing perfection as a badge of honor, we like to think that means that we’re working hard towards being better, but perfectionism can be a really dark place to be when you get too deep.
So we’re going to kind of peel back the layers of perfectionism and discuss how to break some of your perfectionist habits.
Welcome to InspHERation Nation!
The Weekly Commitment
Every week, we will ask you the same question: What is the one thing that you will commit to doing or improving this week?
Writing down your answer to the question will start a self-accountability process, and following up with this practice after every episode will help you take consistent small actions that ultimately lead to BIG transformations.
If you want to share what you are committing yourself to, we would love to hear! You can get in touch with us at…
- Twitter (@inspHERationpod)
- Instagram (@inspherationpodcast)
Three Key Takeaways:
- Eliminate the word “perfect” from your vocabulary.
- Remember that you are a human being. What’s wonderful about our human existence is that you’re here with everyone, you’re alive, and you can feel things both good and bad. That means if you’re a human being, you’re also not a perfect robot!
- Social media is great for connecting with other people, but it lends itself to making the people who have perfectionism live in hell even more because they’re constantly comparing their insides to everyone else’s outsides. So if you find yourself in a negative space comparing yourself to others on social media, get off of social media for a while. Take a break. It’s okay!
- Download the Wheel of Happiness self-assessment tool