Today, we simultaneously celebrate some good things happening in our lives and talk about why celebration is such an important part of success.
Welcome to InspHERation Nation!
The Weekly Commitment
Every week, we will ask you the same question: What is the one thing that you will commit to doing or improving this week?
Writing down your answer to the question will start a self-accountability process, and following up with this practice after every episode will help you take consistent small actions that ultimately lead to BIG transformations.
If you want to share what you are committing yourself to, we would love to hear! You can get in touch with us at…
Our 3rd Birthday (and Other Reasons for Celebration)
TwoScore is three years old! We’re officially not a startup anymore, and it feels great!
On top of that, we met our 2017 business goals before the end of September!
We also set personal challenges for ourselves this year, and we crushed them!
- Liz doesn’t usually have “unorganized fun.” She always has a plan and an itinerary, so Amanda challenged her to take a weekend trip with NO PLANS (except for a place to stay).
- Amanda has had body image issues since she was young, so Liz challenged her to do a photoshoot – just something to make her feel good about herself. “It was super fun. Probably the best thing I’ve ever done.”
Celebrate Good Times
Celebration isn’t just for fun (although it is fun) – it’s also an important part of the goal setting process. Constantly celebrating, and recognizing where you are in the process, goes a long way towards keeping you motivated and keeping those goals in front of you.
- You can get in the habit of celebrating yourself by keeping a journal of daily wins. This allows you to look back, on a monthly or quarterly basis, and put into perspective how much you’ve accomplished, and then narrow down the things that you should really brag about.
- Make your dreams visible so that you can keep them top of mind and renew your sense of purpose every day.
- Challenge yourself to do something outside of your comfort zone – then you have TWO reasons to celebrate!
- When you celebrate, do something that feels decadent (but not necessarily expensive). Treat yo’ self, as they say.
- Watch “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang on YouTube